promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is your opinion about the after life?

I don’t know what to believe about after life. Just want to know other opinions about it.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't believe it an afterlife in any form, but I fully respect the rights of others who believe in it wholeheartedly. If they draw comfort from it while living, good for them.

• 1 month ago

No one knows this for sure, but I'll tell you this. I think you get an option after you die. Either you keep on living lives if you want to, or you stay in the afterlife realm. Your spirit is released into the sky, and you'll feel weightless. As I said before, i'm not sure if this is true, but I gotta admit; it does sound nice.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stephen Hawking said matter is made of energy as we are made of matter and energy 

since energy cannot be destroyed the matter and energy we are made of has existed for all eternity and will after our death exist in all eternity

as for your that part of your thoughts that makes you special to you ,, no one knows 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't pretend to know and I don't need to know, so I don't spend any time speculating or worrying about it. There are plenty of more important things to occupy my time. When I die I'll either find out or I won't if there isn't one. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have one.

For clearer views of the process,

C. S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce,"

Helen Greaves' "Testimony of Light,"

"The Path of the Higher Self."

A person may practice for the post-passing process by nightly asking God for protection, teaching, and healing, then checking dreams for clues as to what soul has learned out-of-body.

• 2 months ago

I think that everyone likes to have the idea that when you die, you get to go to heaven and rejoice with all your loved ones that you have lost throughout your life. I would like to think that too... gives life a purpose in a way... do good deeds and you will be rewarded in the afterlife. 

Is it true? I do not know, but I do hope that everyone I have lost so far are up there looking down at me instead of simply being in the darkness. 

Even at that though... if heaven and hell didnt exist, would you be in the dark as if all the lights in the room are closed and its pitch black around you? Would you be nothing? And if you do become nothing... whats the purpose of living? then again, a lot of people believe in resurrection... past lives... future lives... etc 

Its normal to question things... and its fun to see everyones opinions too..  

• 2 months ago

Humans are literally incapable of comprehending not existing, since by definition, they do, so death remains an eternal undiscovered country. It is something you can never know. It is the ultimate unknown, and the unknown is the source of the most primal fear. So as to not live in constant fear of it, the notion of "afterlife" came to be. Much in the same way divinities such as "God" are a coping mechanism for the unknowns of reality, the afterlife is a means for people to cope with death, to make peace with not existing, with the bleakness of reality by inserting a smidge of hope that they won't actually completely cease to exist. "Afterlife", "reincarnation" are means for people to feel like death isn't as final as it actually is, to feel like their existence won't simply end.

Death is a slumber you never wake up from, but that is too terrifying a notion for people to accept, so they seek the comfort of lies and delusion.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The idea that there IS an "afterlife" is all made up to begin with. Nobody EVER went through true, irrevocable death and came back and said, "Look what I found". Near death isn't dead. Dead is dead.

• 2 months ago

I think that consciousness most likely ends when one's body dies but I have no way of confirming that one way or the other.  Many people adhere to a religion and spend much of their life preparing in case there is an afterlife but I try to live this life to the fullest in case there isn't.

• Mirage
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I hope there is one and it's good cause who wouldn't want that? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.