promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
LALA asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Where in the US is the best place to teach?

So, I am going to be moving back to the US (I am an American) after nearly two decades abroad and am looking at either Tennessee, North Carolina or New Hampshire. My question is - which of the three states offer the best situation for teachers? I am a qualified teacher in the UK and Ireland and would need to get my qualifications switched over. What I would like to know is:

1. Which of the three states offer the best teacher salaries and/or salary packages (insurance, paid summers, etc.)?

2. Which of the three states have the most streamlined processes for foreign qualified teachers to get their licenses up to local standards? Any advice on doing this is appreciated, too.

3. I have looked online at the Board of Education websites for each state and there seems to be little information for someone in my particular position. I have send a few inquiries, but have not had any responses yet. Does anyone out there know which department I can speak to?

Sorry for the long winded question, but I need some help figuring this out. Thanks Yahooers!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

imho, North Carolina. New Hampshire has money shortage which holds down salaries. Plus, it snows in the winters -- every winter. Makes hazardous driving conditions and you'll be driving early every day to school. Tennessee, while lovely, also has budget issues. North Carolina is just as lovely as Tennessee [avoid the hurricane plagued eastern portion, stay up on the piedmont], has fewer budget issues, and a cultural respect for education which helps get budgets passed.

Source(s): grampa
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.