promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

hydroxychloroquine - just remember that penicillin was also the end all medicine until a few people died from it. But we still use it?

If the situation expands to where I live I'll take hydroxychloroquine because my pharmacy actually has some.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's be realistic: there is no magic bullet. Some meds will help your body fight some diseases, but there will almost always be side-effects and trade-offs. I don't know whether penicillin killed people, but I do know that it's an antibiotic, and antibiotics have two important traits: bacteria can become resistant to them, and they won't affect viruses.

Apparently a combination of hydroxychoroquine and remdesevir looks promising.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

This is a really bad time to be a Trumper who doesn’t respect science and the medical community. Doctors are using that drug in combination with Azithromycin and one other drug, and having little success with it. If I get the virus I won’t refuse anything a credible doctor gives me. Anyone right now listening to Trump instead of health professionals and the CDC has a death wish.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

As would most sane people

However the Democrats do not want people taking it because if enough people did take it and got cured, that is another nail in the Democratic election

They would prefer people to die by doing nothing rather than say this may work, because if it works then their small to none white house dreams are gone again just like their dog and pony impeachment show 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If ineffective for illness, is ineffective for illness. Simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.