promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Will things settle down with regards to Coronavirus any this year or will we have to stay in panic through 2020 and maybe through 2021?

I know the panic is necessary and I am wondering will it ever go down? Like will schools be open in August or will they have to stay on lock down. Will we need to be as terrified of COVID-19 deaths through the year and into next or will the threat go way down (my Mom's cousin just died from COVID-19 though he did have cancer also).

So will things settle down in the next year or will nothing change until there is a vaccine available for all in a year or two?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I've heard two versions of outcome without the Panic scenarios.

One, that the virus will keep infecting and subsequently killing people until a vaccine or countermeasure is found or discovered.  Thus, it will never stop, just slow down in it's death rate as those who were infected recover and are presumed immune. US President Trump has indicated that up to 100,000 Americans may die according to his medical experts. Now recently, he has indicated that only 60,000 deaths seem to be likely. On 4/6/20, the US is at about 12,500 so the US has a way to go.

Second, as the virus seems to be mostly killing people who are aged over 60 - 70, especially black people and/or people with compromised physical systems, the seemed "target" group of people who are extremely vulnerable will shrink as the vulnerable pool will be depleted by deaths. The virus will reoccur in cyclic fashion in a period of years as the "target" groups shrink and replenish themselves through aging and new compromise of physical systems. Thus, it will become the new normal, but not to the same shut down level of today.

Source(s): I'm 80 and have two compromising factors. I fully expect to die in the pandemic. My wife is younger an has two compromising factors. Hopefully, we will die at te same time.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Panic is not necessary.  Calm measures are necessary.  Yes things will settle down.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.