promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Xbox One offline: just how long can one play offline for?

Basically once one has setup their system with the initial online requirements met and then set it up for offline use, is it good from then on? Or are you still REQUIRED to occasionally hookup online? Not talking about patches for games or achievements, but just playing a disc based game on it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You aren't required to be online to play Xbox One anymore.  That was something they announced before it launched and they removed it due to the blowback from it.

• Matt2 months agoReport

So in buying a new Xbox One S or X and using an android phone to complete initial setup one can thereafter set it to offline and using all disc copies play offline indefinitely?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Once set up, it never has to go online.

Playing games depends on the particular game. Many are fine, some will have bugs that may be problematic without having downloaded the updates, and a few games won't even be complete as they expect you to download the parts that weren't included on disc.

• Matt2 months agoReport

So in getting a new Xbox One S or X and setting it up via my android it can play disc based games and NEVER has to be online again for all offline games? Also do you know if the initial one time setup can be done using just an android phone? I got unlimited strong data so I'm not worried about that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.