promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Can I be successful without being liked by everyone?

I am currently in the military as an officer. I’m planning on getting out because I hate the culture. I really struggle with my personality. I work really hard and produce good results, but it doesn’t seem to matter unless I’m sucking up to everyone. I learned to fix my aggressive personality, but now that I’ve toned that down, I’m not bubbly or outgoing enough. I’m afraid I won’t be able to find a job when I leave that is competitive for me to promote. I work very hard and I’m very competent, but my ability to please people is lacking and I’m afraid that it won’t mean anything on the civilian side, as it doesn’t in the military. Any tips at all is helpful. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The military doesn't want happy, bubbly, outgoing people.  They want violent aggressors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

A successful Troll? No, you failed.

• 2 months ago

Military service is a sign of intellictual weakness to hiring managers of high paying jobs. I know CAPTAIN AMERICA and he worked as a secretary when he got out. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There can be other careers outside of the Salvation Army

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have no tips other than don't change for no one. You could be a sergeant, with all that roughness. 

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It just like our sergeant told us one time before going into the jungle.  "MEN, fifty of you are goin' on a mission.  Only twenty-five of you are comin' back."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.