how do I open the drain valve on a A O Smith hot water heater?
- M JohnsonLv 62 months ago
Lefty Loosey, if stuck then WD-40.
- Aussie DevilLv 62 months ago
turn the handle counter clock wise
- Bubba GubbinsLv 72 months ago
Call a plumber .
- ron hLv 72 months ago
John is right, use a slotted screwdriver, not pliers to open the valve. The spigot is the same as for a garden hose, in case you didn't know. Obviously, you turn off the electricity or the gas supply before opening the valve and I always open the pressure relief valve to let it drain faster.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 2 months ago
Counterclockwise to open.
- John AldenLv 72 months ago
Turn the knob or use a screwdriver if it is a slotted stem.