Relevance
  • 🦋
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

ask google lol.......

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There are 10 zillion recipes for Chili and I love all of them. It is too long to

put on here but keep  looking.   I always add a square or 1/2 square of unsweetened

chocolate for flavor and Masa Harina to thicken.  Add according to amount of chili.

Willie Nelson told me about the chocolate.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

https://www.cookingindex.com/recipes/74458/zanjero...

This is what I usually use, though I depart from the recipe at times. It did win an ICS championship once, and is pretty easy to make.

Some more championship recipes in this link:

http://chilicookin.com/Recipes/ICS/ICSRed.htm

• 2 months ago

First you need to get the correct proportions for your ingredients. That starts with the meat. How much meat to do you have?

For one pound of ground beef (or ground turkey), I use two large cans (26 oz) of crushed tomatoes for my sauce. I use 3-4 medium sized carrots, sliced, one medium to large onion, chopped.

I start with some olive oil in the bottom of a large stockpot. Saute the onions until they are translucent. If you have fresh chopped garlic, add this at the beginning as well. I use the jarred chopped garlic and I add a liberal amount, I don't measure precisely. I also season to taste.

Add your meat to the onions and garlic, stir until browned. Add the crushed tomatoes and your spices. I use chili powder, cumin and a little black pepper. I'm not big on spicy but I will toss in one small jalapeno pepper, cut in half and the seeds removed. You can use more if you like.

I add a can of beer and bring everything to a simmer for about 45 minutes to let the flavors blend. Then I add the carrots and simmer until they are cooked but on the firm side - they will continue to cook while the chili cools off. I let it sit for ten minutes before serving. Start to finish, maybe an hour and forty five minutes. You'll have plenty of time in between to make some nice cornbread, or you can heat up some corn tortillas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.