promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 2 months ago

help a really mean retired engineer refused to do the project that he was contracted to do. can i sue?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You said "contracted".

Force the agreement in a court of law.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Do you have a signed contract?

Did he agree to do it or did he agree to look at it and see if it is doable?

Did he give you a price to do it?

Did you pay him anything?

Yes you can sue him and he can counter sue you.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you can sue anyone for anything.  Happy?

• 2 months ago

No, because he is no more as a licensed engineer after his retirement, that prevent him from doing public engineering work, because he is no more qualified to sign any engineering document.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Nobody is talking about public engineering or even what type of project he's been asked to do.  A retired engineer mows my lawn and I didn't ask him for any license.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No need to sue, but if his refusal violates the contract, then he is fired/dismissed/whatever. And even after that, a lawsuit may still be warranted to obtain a settlement for any other losses caused by the failure of the engineer to fulfill the contract.

• qrk
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hmm, the breech of contract was placing a heater in a cold room didn't produce a tornado. How do you know? Did you do a smoke test to check for a vortex? Perhaps you were expecting an EF3 tornado. Was the level of a vortex in the contract?

My guess is the guy was exasperated by your limited knowledge.

• Barry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You sue for damages. So if you lost out financially yes you can sue for that amount. But being annoyed is not something you can successfully sue for.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Did you pay him?  Do you have the agreement in writing?  Then yes, you can sue.  Them being 'mean' isn't germane to your question and raises the question how much of a pain in the *** client you may have been.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

read your contract!! or have a lawyer do it and then they'll tell you if you have grounds to sue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.