promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Can she do this ?

Can my mom pay someone to be my husband. I just finished school last year, and I have a job. But no guy ever talks to me because i'm unattractive and fat. (Guys said so themselves). But my mom always says I would be much happier if I had a husband, and she thinks I'd like a man. So she says she'd help me get one. Is this normal, do parents usually help their kids get a spouse?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I hate to say it but you're gonna have to look for an old guy.  The young guys are too buzy banging all the hot chicks that are busy pleasing men.  Then after that, they have to deal with the cougars.

So what's left for you?

The old guys.

Either that or lose all that weight and become a 6 maybe.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I suppose that depends on your cultural background, where you live and the "need". Now what's stopping you from losing some weight, and making more of your looks? Building your self esteem so you could go out and meet people in a normal way?

The answer seems to be you want your parents to do the work you could do for yourself - to remain a child in need of care. That doesn't bode well for making you a good wife to anybody. Have you thought of that?

What if this purchased husband does not treat you well?

• 2 months ago

She can TRY, but we have no idea if she'll be successful. And no, it's not typical.

• 2 months ago

I suppose if she has a few million dollars laying around that she has no use for she could pay someone to marry you. No it is not normal to purchase a spouse for your child. would you really want to marry someone who was only in it for the pay off?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well, she can do that, but she'd have to be extremely wealthy.  We're talking seriously wealthy, like she owns more than one private jet.

And no, it's not normal for parents to hire spouses for their kids.  It's very not-normal, in fact.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.