promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My lower back hurts like hell literally I can’t move right now  i live alone and I don’t know what to do any suggestions?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It seems you have either a strained muscle in your lower back OR you slipped a disc in your spine! Right now, given its night time and all doctors offices are closed and the ER's are over-flowing with patients, you're going to have to ride this pain out until tommorow.

Here is what you do-

1- Your going to need to get up and move around- Yes it'll be painful as hell, yes your back probably will spasm for a few minutes BUT if you stay stationary you will do more damage to your back. Get UP, and walk around, stretch out your muscles

2- Take motrion- This will loosen up the muscles in your back, and lessen the pain you are experiencing. You can take a motrin every 4 to 6 hours, and if you run out it can always be get a refill.

3- When you lay in bed, put a pillow under your lower back and one on your neck! Also you want to lay in a flat position, without turning/tossing etc, the goal here is to actually straighten your spine out.

4- Book an appointment with your doctor- You will want to get an xray on your back to see what the exact problem is! If its a strained back muscle, it will take 2-3 weeks to fully feel normal again. If you slipped a disc, it may require surgery, and given how most ER's are cancelling elective surgeries, you may be **** out of luck for several months.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

There are exercises on the net which worked for me and others I know.  If pain persists see a doctor.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.