promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Could this be implantation bleeding?

I’m not supposed to start my period for another week. My and my BF have only had sex (unprotected) these past 5 days. I’m spotting pink when I wipe, slight cramping. My periods are normal and usually start around the same day. Could sex cause an early period? It’s too early for implantation bleeding ? I’m spotting pink, with clear mucus. Slight cramps. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Elle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

IMPLANTATION BLEEDING

Implantation bleeding is an "IDEA" that a small amount of vaginal bleeding can occur in early pregnancy due to the fertilized egg attaching to the inside of the uterus.

However, there is "NO SUPPORT FOR THE NOTION THAT IMPLANTATION PRODUCES VAGINAL BLEEDING." Bleeding and spotting are common during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle as well as during early pregnancy, and for reasons unrelated to implantation.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you say sex was 'unprotected' do you mean without a condom or completely unprotected with nothing at all to stop you getting pregnant?  If you use nothing at all you could soon be pregnant even if you are not now.  But 5 days is probably too soon to have any symptoms.  I have seen women reporting here that having sex affected the timing of their periods.  I am the father of three children and had never heard of implantation bleeding until starting to read this forum.  It either doesn't exist or would be only a tiny amount of blood

• 2 months ago

Implantation bleeding is very rare and never before 14 days after sex and only very light pink spotting once or twice when you wipe and never more than 2 days and periods can be late for no reason 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.