promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Hannah asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

What birds can live with cockatiels?

I have a 5 foot tall, 3 foot long flight cage. What birds can live with my cockatiel in that?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Cockatiels do generally get  along better with some types birds then  others.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

That is an okay size for one Cockatiel if you are going to keep it indoors, that is not a flight cage size. I have outdoor aviaries and they are huge, like thebax2006 stated. I never have mixed breeds together with any of my breeding birds, it causes stress.

• 2 months ago

Another cockatiel or a budgie.

• 2 months ago

As with any animal, you cannot know how well they will get along until you properly socialize and observe. If you are looking to get a friend for your cockatiel, I would make sure that they are of similar size and eat similar foods. You have to slowly introduce them to each other first too. Each bird is an individual with distinct personalities, and there is ultimately no way of knowing if another bird can coexist with each other in the same enclosure. I would stick to the same species if I were to be honest, however I would make sure to introduce them to each other first and observe for at least a week to see if they are compatible. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's not a flight cage. Flight cages are 10 to 20 feet long. Cockatiels do best as pairs.

• 2 months ago

Painted quail on the floor of the cage.

• 2 months ago

i would ask people at a petstore about that

• JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A few types are often successfully housed with cockatiels. These include Lorikeets, Scarlet-chested, Princess, Turquoise, King and Bourke parrots. Avoid housing lovebirds, larger parrots and canaries or finches with cockatiels.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.