promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Does Islam empower women or oppress them?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Oppress. Any woman who converts to Islam or sympathizes with muslims is either stupid, ignorant or insane.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oppression isn't from Islam, it's from the culture of Islamic countries. Muslim women who aren't oppressed by their culture are free to choose to accept Islam or wear the scarf or follow the rules of Islam. It's culture and government in certain countries that oppress women, not Islam itself.

• 2 months ago

is water wet? Is the sky blue?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Islam oppressed women. Why western feminism supports Islam, I don’t know.   

• Alex W2 months agoReport

Coz they secretly like to be oppressed

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's not oppression it's culture. Men and women both have dress codes, men can't show their back or ankles. Women wear Hijabs in Islam not to oppress them but to save their beauty for their husbands and until after marriage. women can be out in public and can now drive in Saudi Arabia. Women and men can not have sex or date in Islam, they have set up marriages and that is their culture. Their culture is different from ours

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

OPPRESS............

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oppression pure and simple. I don't care about what they say about our freedoms, I happen to like them, thank you very much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.