promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

my light shade in my kitchen is full of dead insects in them is there any way to clean it out?

Update:

its build into the celing so it be hard to take it down it a long very big light shade its very long and made of glass its rectangle shape theres no way taking it down 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

if you are talking about the ceiling fixture, those come off. How else would you change the light bulb?

Look closer. either there are bolts around the outer edge or a center bolt. Taking those down, washing them and replacing was part of spring and fall cleaning always.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Get on a sturdy ladder and use the hose attachment on a vacuum cleaner, turn off the light before cleaning and do it in the day, so you can see and the light bulb won't strain your eyes. God bless 😊

• roderick_young
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I didn't downvote, but this only works for some fixtures - the kind that are open.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is always a way to take it down.  How else would you change the light bulb?

Sometimes there are hidden screws.  Sometimes you need to twist or slide the covering.  You have to get on a ladder and figure it out.  

• 2 months ago

yes there is , You take the shade off and clean it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have one of those lights over a kitchen island with a stove in it. It is a pain in the a** to take down and put back up.  It takes two to three people. Actually it is easier to take down than to put up again. 

There is a way to take it down.  All lights have access to change the bulb.

• 2 months ago

And you say you don't need men.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Men are such hairy fu*kers, though!  LOL

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes, just remove it, dump dead critters, wash with soap and water, replace,  Repeat every few year or so

• ...Show all comments
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Turn the light off and USE A LADDER, NOT A CHAIR. You'll want your eyes to be very close to the ceiling so you can see these "springs"   Don't be UNDER the light, be beside it. If you're not very careful, the glass can fall out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.