promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Bill
Lv 7
Bill asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Do you think it's accurate to say that feminism is about taking power from others and giving that power to women?

If you think about it feminism does little besides take power from men and business and give that power to women.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

pretty much, they do have equality, I don't see what they're still whining about

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

oppressive power and responsible power are not the same thing 

it actually destroys the women it claims to help they just do not know it 

look at Meg Whitman she was put in charge of HP and they went into bankruptcy 

if she ran it down or she was saddled on the dead horse either way she looks foolish to those who know HP  

funny thing Carly Fiorina was also in charge of HP 

• 2 months ago

It depends on which exact flavour of feminism you're talking about, which you totally forgot to say.  Or maybe you left it out on purpose.  I have no idea which.

Old school feminists were (and still are) about equality, and equality works both ways.  They really did want equality, even the not-so-pretty side of equality, because they were strong enough to back it up.  Heavy lifting?  No problem.  Quick decisions in a crisis?  Bring it on.  Risk to life and limb?  That's what the job calls for.

But once you add "third wave" feminism into the mix, it's a whole different story.  My wife can literally pick me up and throw me across any room, but she's not a third wave feminist.  My mom taught firefighters how to do first aid and monitor vital signs, and they taught her how to carry someone out of a burning building, but my mom is not a third wave feminist.

Third wave feminism is about hate, not respect.  It's about pure sexism, not equality.  It's about power and money, not who can rise above the social norms.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bill
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Curious what old school feminists you're talking about. First wave didn't support true equality nor did they really ever fight for it, while second wave went of their way to make it clear they favored women. 

• 2 months ago

I don't believe that Feminism is taking any power from anyone, in fact it's giving women a voice and a choice.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think its too broad of a label to be of much use.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I disagree.  Your premise implies men were given power over women which isn’t the case.   Feminism takes a level playing field and slants it to favor women and disadvantages men.   

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Today's feminism is more about socially engineering, and enforcing Western society into an alignment with extreme Leftist values, what some people call cultural Marxism.

The idea that you could control all of middle class society through its women is a tactic of divide and conquer that was successfully used by the corporate elite, who financed "women's liberation to "uplift" women's status, to the detriment of men.  So long as women accepted the feminist idea that everything was THEIR OWN MEN'S fault, then the program was working, and the corporate elite could continue to exploit the entire middle class, both men and women.

So yes, feminism has been about  taking power from others and giving that power to women, as part of it's focus towards radical social change into a cultural Marxist way of society.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Saying that feminism is about taking power from others and giving it to women is like saying capitalism is about taking wealth away from others and giving it to greedy people. 

Wealth is not a limited resource and neither is equality 

• ...Show all comments
    • Bill
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Furthermore, when feminists fight for mandated employee benefits they are in fact stripping power away from employers. 

• 2 months ago

No, Bill, that's inaccurate. Feminism's most notable gains entailed no losses for men. Frex:

• No men had their right to vote taken away, when women's suffrage was gained.

• No men had their driving privilege taken away, when women gained it.

• No men had their ability to govern taken away, when women gained it.

• No men had their right to own a business taken away, when women gained it.

• No men had their ability to serve in the military taken away, when women gained it.

The total amount of power in a society can increase. It's not a zero sum game.

• ...Show all comments
    • Carlos
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Then why these 4th wave Feminists have a problem of men wanted to be liberated from there duties  and in the last 5 - 10 years its a push to suppress straight men and destroy family values .
      Its going to be the lack of masculinty that going to be the downfall of society there no toxic masculinity .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Good. Im glad men feel like they're losing out

• ...Show all comments
    • Bill
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yeah, when books like "Men on Strike" are being written in response to men walking away from society it's obvious that feminism is working out great. lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.