promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it still safe to go outside during the quarantine?

You do not know how paranoid I am going outside. My parents are telling me its dangerous to go to the park or anywhere , so I sit at home doing nothing. Is it really bad going outside , do I have to wear gloves and a mask every single time I step out of my door. Is that neccesary?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your backyard should be safe.  I got a garden so am digging that up.  I see nobody.  So the 6 foot rule is met.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You're not going to  contract coronavirus from being outside in the fresh air. Coronavirus isn't an airborne illness. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

a mask and gloves are practically useless to protect you; they are more to protect others.

• 2 months ago

You can go but you have to make some distance with others and take some  proper protection. 

• 2 months ago

No, it's not entirely necessary to don a hazmat suit if you want to go outside. You aren't going to catch the virus from your grass, your back yard or your garage--unless there are crowds of people in there. 

What they want you to do is stay at home--not stay INDOORS. They want you to eliminate your contact with other PEOPLE, since it's people that spread the virus from one to another. Be careful about touching things other PEOPLE have touched. If no other people have been outside where you are, the danger is eliminated. 

Stay out of crowds, stay away from others. But you don't have to stay INSIDE. Wash your hands and face when you come back in if you're worried. 

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

great answer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You should wear a space suit just to look out the window

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Do you want to chance it?  Not for you, but for your parents.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes it's dangerous. Stay home and stay out of my way

• 2 months ago

It’s generally safe to be outside as long as you keep your distance. Wear masks and gloves just to play it safe. 

The most important thing to remember is to not touch your mouth, eyes, and nose. Carry some hand sanitizers so you can disinfect your hands after touching public places. As soon as you get home, wash your hands and face, shower, and wash your clothes if you can. 

• 2 months ago

Just use some common sense. Wear a mask, don't touch your face, eyes, mouth. Keep a bottle of hand cleaner with you. Keep your hands clean and clean them before you touch your steering wheel. Wipe things down before you put them away in the house after shopping. Pay attention to door knobs, shopping carts, cash, and other common items you always touch, grab, move. Cash is one of the filthiest things on planet Earth so you could use your credit card to avoid handling cash.

• 2 months ago

It depends on how crowded it is.  As long as you can stay away from other people then it is fine to go outside, in fact advisable.  Your physical and mental health are both important, and going for a walk outside is good for both.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.