promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it unhealthy to eat two half-boiled eggs everyday?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No that's not unhealthy. It's actually easier to lose weight or stay in shape if your diet doesn't change much. Because you can keep track of the calories better that you have.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Its not unhealthy but high in calories and carbs and would be better off eating 1 soft boiled egg

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What is a half-boiled egg?  Once the egg has been put it boiling water it is boiled!  So how do you half boil an egg?  That is as dumb as saying "He dug half a hole"!

• Terry
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Means it`s still runny. Soft boiled or less. And if the hole needs to be 6 ft deep, and "he" only digs three, he dug half of the hole. There, I made you learn something today. You`re welcome.

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

IMO - I would be cautious of eating anything not cooked all the way through, then the cholesterol worry.  I put some bank in what the "experts" say but at the end of the day my "gut feeling / intuition" wins out, so for me it would be unhealthy. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's a whole egg. For breakfast it's fine.

• 2 months ago

According to some yes eating what's known as a soft boiled egg isn't healthy. Yet there's millions who has eaten them for decades. I've eaten them myself from childhood, and I'm in my sixties now. However I don't eat them everyday either, but there are people who has. What's actually considered unhealthy, is that the yolk isn't cooked hard. Which can leave a person at risk for salmonella. Then of course there are those who after more recent research has shown that the vast majority of cholesterol is actually created in the body, who are aware of it, and still persist on insisting that eating eggs with the yolk, will raise the cholesterol to dangerous levels. Even with some, when they're informed otherwise will state that, that the data trying to be used is badly outdated. They'll insist vehemently that the research from the late 1960's through the late 1980's overturned the finding that are badly outdated, from the 1990's through the early 2000's.

However yes for a small percentage of the population, dietary cholesterol can raise the lipid levels. There are even some who will use such cases, as indicative of being the case for everyone. However it doesn't stop with just eggs, but many other food types. There are people who will state emphatically that this or that specific food should not ever be eaten, based on either pseudoscientific claims, based off of someone's opinion. Which SOME opinions or claims are from doctors who SHOULD know better. While eggs CAN BE healthy for MOST people, there are some for whom they are not healthy, whether it's causing a spike in their lipid levels, or having an allergy or sensitivity to them. For some that's enough evidence as to why absolutely no one should ever eat them. Yet it's not an end all be all should not for everyone. In the end there's no one diet that's a do all be all for everyone.

• 2 months ago

What kind of eggs?

• 2 months ago

Why would it be unhealthy? Egg yolks are the perfect food.

• JB
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

There was a time many years ago (maybe people still do it) when eating whole eggs raw was a fad for health. A great deal of protein, but the risk of contracting salmonella. I actually gave it a try back then, and it goes down the throat surprisingly smooth. BUT I do not recommend doing that for safety reason. I found this, if it's of any help I do not know:

"Proper cooking is the last step in ensuring the safety of the eggs your family eats. Adequate cooking brings eggs to a temperature high enough to destroy bacteria that might be present in the egg yolk or egg white. The table below provides a guide on the proper temperature to cook eggs:

https://eggsafety.org/cooking-eggs-right-temperatu...

Part of egg Temperature

Egg white 144-149 F

Yolk 149-158 F

Whole eggs 144-158 F

• 2 months ago

eggs have a lot of cholesterol so just be weary of that

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

They don't believe that anymore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.