promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 2 months ago

Can someone finish engineering school without a tutor?Just studying and watching lectures?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, It has been done that way but it will require you to study and learn the material, pass exams and pop-quizzes and actually work to obtain your degree. If you do it that way you will have earned it rather than just go through the motions. A tutor is for the difficult parts to learn what you don't understand but so are study, research and discussion in a study group. Do you have one of those?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I graduated in math & physics without a tutor, in fact, I tutored others...

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The problem (often - very often) with self taught - and it is the problem with home schooling - is that people are inherently lazy. So they learn what they want to learn, and what they are already capable of learning, and in an engineering sense they skip the math because it is too hard. What a teacher does, and a regimented course, is to FORCE you to do what you don't really want to do. So you will learn the laws of Thermodynamics if it kills you. You WILL learn trig or you will not eat dinner. The other problem is that you can't learn things you don't even know about. Teachers have the broad perspective, hopefully. So one day they will say, "Today we shall study applied probability......." and you'll say, "Huh?" I'm not a degreed engineer either, but these things are issues in all fields. Yes, it can be done. If you want to do more that just get familiar you will need to have more drive than most. I'm interpreting "tutor" as teacher and reading that you don't want actual schooling.

• 2 months ago

If you need a tutor you probably shouldn't be in engineering school. You won't have a tutor once you graduate. Yes engineering is hard but if you have the basic intelligence, ability to organize your work and have the discipline to stick to it you can do well in engineering.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I feel like most engineering students are smart enough to not need a tutor.

Source(s): Energy Engineering major... never had a tutor
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.