promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I’d this a big load in engineering?

I was wondering if taking these classes at the same time Is a big load for an engineering student; Calc 3, linear algebra, mechanics of materials, dynamics, materials laboratory, civil engineering computer applications, macro economics. We are on a semester system FYI. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Too much.  No doubt about it.  I would tell you to leave out the dynamics, which is hard...except that's probably something you are REQUIRED to get through in this particular semester?  So instead of that, leave out the linear algebra.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

7 courses, one of them a lab. Even though the lab is 1 or 2 credits, it will consume 4 or 5 credits of time which means at least 22 credits worth of effort.

To do that you will have zero spare time to go surfing unless you are extremely gifted.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you're extremely organized and hard working, this is probably too much. 

• 2 months ago

That's a lot of classes. Good luck with that 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

How many units is the total? the number of units tell you how difficult a class is. If it is over 18 units it can get very difficult especially toward the end.

If you need to ask it is probably too much.

Confer with an advisor, This is what they are there for.

• 2 months ago

Impossible to fit whole week time table with 8 courses, unless some courses are offered at night. No trouble for student who has good mathematic education background like from China, because they have hard maths in senior high school.

• 2 months ago

19 semester hours is about all most people can handle. I know that was my limit and it usually included at least one lab. 

• 2 months ago

that's a huge load. Good luck with that....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.