promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Should I start doing my online work or not?

Even though my teachers ARE giving online work, they can't grade it because since we're at home, we can easily google the answers. It's all practice work. School is scheduled to reopen in two more weeks. My teachers may want to see my work when we return. However, if plans change and school is closed for the entire year, my teachers won't know if I did my work or not. Meaning, why start now?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You don't learn things so you can tell your teacher you 'did my work'. You learn things to help you grow and be educated, and get a good job when you're older.

There is no reason to sit back and do no school work just because you're  not at school. If you're old enough to post on here, you're old enough to see the sense of continuing the habit of studying and learning.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Should you start doing your online work?  Yes.  Maybe you will improve your skills.  Maybe you will learn something new.  Maybe next year's class will assume you already know this.

• 2 months ago

"It's all practice work" - yes, that's the point of work is to practice what you are learning.

But hey, if you don't want to learn and you have all that better stuff to do, they you are right, your teacher might not be able to stop you. But you are missing the whole point of education. But I guess the point of education is missed on a lot of students while they are in school.

What if you school starts requiring work be submitted online?

Anyway, in the end the choice is yours. I suggest doing it especially for classes like math where you are going to need those skills next year.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The longer you delay the harder it will become to catch up.  Your teacher, once school resumes may very well assume you have been doing the work. You want to get yourself into a regular routine of doing your schoolwork and you now have the opportunity to work ahead. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Elaine
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Your school board of education may develop plans in case the schools are closed for the rest of the year.  Here in Ontario, Canada plans have been made  and announced in case the schools remain closed for the rest of the school year. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

yes u need to!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.