promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Whats your favorite bread recipe?

White or wholemeal or mixed

Update:

What makes some bread so damn good and some so lame?

Update 2:

Wetness ! Moisture in freshly baked bread makes a big difference. Dry bread from the shops or old dry not so good

Update 3:

Perhaps fine flower is better tasting than less fine flour because its more like sugar? Also a higher cooking temperature also turns it to sure? ( unsure of this)

Update 4:

Quality of ingredients, mass produced grain has less flavor than a crop made for quality rather than quantity so the starting ingredients matter (see home grown tomatoes vs supermarket ones)

Update 5:

Perhaps also the variety or species of wheat matters

Update 6:

salt and sugar added probably help with a edge towards more is better

Update 7:

you can almost make food scientific 

Update 8:

since we r hard wired to prefer certain things like salt and sugar and so on 

Update 9:

fine salt it has a better surface area/ mixes more completely 

Update 10:

white flour is more like sugar but wholemeal has more of the wheat flavor 

Update 11:

There are loads more factors. But I want that best bread experience I had of eating freshly baked moist thickly  melted buttered bread that tasted heavenly 

Update 12:

Then i want to try and go beyond that by applying scientific principles 

Update 13:

I think the best plan of action is try recipes, then try theories once you find a great recipe for you 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

sour dough bread Jewish rye bread. You cannot find the recipe which I searched for, for years until I ran into a bread cookbook and just as I suspected the recipes were kept secret by families who passed it one from one generation to the other just as they passed on the starter from generation to generation. The starter takes about ten or twelve days to make but after you are done you save some in water in the fridge and each time you make it you save some starter.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The question was quite answerable...… until all the updates!.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Mixed white and wholemeal, leavened with sourdough starter, and fermented overnight. I use a sourdough that I created at home about 7 years ago. It is very strong and active, but does not really provide that sourdough flavor that is so good. So, I purchased a sourdough starter from a guy on ebay that was first started during the Calif gold rush, about 140 years ago. It gives my bread a great flavor. I only use flour water salt and starter in my loaves. I use 2 parts unbleached AP flour to 1 part wholemeal flour for best texture and flavor.

• 2 months ago

One of the easiest to make at home is quick, easy, delicious, and has just four ingredients! You need:

3 cups SELF RISING flour

12 ounces warm beer (your choice)

1 whole stick of salted REAL butter..melted 

5 tablespoons white granulated sugar,

Whisk together flour and sugar, Add beer and stir into a big sticky lump. Transfer to a well greased loaf pan.Bake at preheated 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Pour melted butter over and bake another 20 minutes, Cool completely on paper towel lined dish before slicing.

This recipe can be easily tweaked by changing the beer, or adding spices, shredded cheeses, etc etc etc.Enjoy!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I like wholemeal first, granary second. White Bread - never.

• Plain garlic bread. It keeps the doctors away.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I like Sourdough and once you get a good starter it is easy and good.

• 2 months ago

If you have not made bread before try any one of the No Knead, Overnight Bread recipes that abound now. 

They are easy. 

Can be adapted to add in ingredients like dried fruits and nuts or seeds. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I make my own bread. I put flour water CUΜ salt honey MORE CUΜ and a bit of Ρussy squirt from my big tiddy goth gf.

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Can I bang her dude.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.