promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

US UNEMPLOYMENT RISING. are you scared?

97 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I am retired but do side work in various repair areas. Those have dried up almost completely, but I expect them to come back in buckets in a month.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, I'm scared of unemployment rising. Thus, I fear it might be hard to get people back to work since unemployment payments are well above some workers current wages.

• Over the last 5 days, I have gotten over 100 job offers to start immediately.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, I am happy. 

Housing prices in my area got out of control, too many people moving to my area, and companies thinking it's okay to increase prices of next generation electronics by 50%, 75% and even 100%. They all need a reality check, and in a big way.

Manufacturers will end up looking to exit China.

The longer these Shelter at Home orders last, the worse off the economy will be when we emerge. Someone is going bankrupt.

Good times ahead. I suggest you invest in it.

• ...Show all comments
    • Marg2 months agoReport

U R crect except 4 du assumtion du US will recover from its economic failures: ALL products of criminal activity at the hi-est levels of govt & industry. LEADRSHIP needs 2 stop exploiting LE & du law.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not yet, but being a nurse, I don't foresee being unemployed anytime soon

• ...Show all comments
    • Marg2 months agoReport

& stealing $ from your health care system & putting it into offshore bank accounts. How does a person who never ran a successful business become so rich?  Trump made the US # 1 in death toll U racist Yanks call "The Chinese Virus". If U didn't vote 4 him U did't try hard enough 2 prevent du cheating

• 2 months ago

NO... I AM NOT SCARED AT ALL..

• ...Show all comments
    • Marg2 months agoReport

I'm not afraid of death. I place my fate in your Leader becuz it's better 2 give up on this basket case country of lies and thievery and murder. Better 2 not swim against the riptide of the neoconservative sham of "capitalism". U cant win against a rigged game. It was called The Big Lie in Germany.

• 2 months ago

why, what dose that mean to you outside of you are a Joe Biden Fan, The unemployment rate that Biden and CNN said would be 35 % Friday 04/02/2020 is officially at .043 %

• ...Show all comments
    • Marg2 months agoReport

Unemployment is the # of ppl looking 4 a job. No jobs=low unemployment. U must be a Republican: U need stereotypically stupid canned answers. U ppl recycle the same cliches kuz U cant be smart & stupid @ the same time. Republicans pride themselves in worshipping Trump & his personality cult. Shame!

• 2 months ago

The Great Depression of the 1930s was caused by failure to understand markets and the looming menace of a great and terrible War.

The great depression of the 2020s will be caused by absolutely nothing, media-created lies and hysteria.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A couple heartbreaking stories I am personally aware of:

.  skilled trade people (carpenters, plumbers, electricians etc.) get laid off by Company A,  apply for and get unemployment, then work "off the books" for Company B and wait for their stimulus checks.

.  company lays off 50% of employees - they get unemployment, company gets loan from government and rehires employees so loan is forgiven.  Then company lays off the other 50% and does it again.

I'm not scared - I'm pissed off.

• random_man
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"company lays off 50% of employees - they get unemployment, company gets loan from government and rehires employees so loan is forgiven. Then company lays off the other 50% and does it again." - That doesn't really work.

• 2 months ago

I'm concerned for those who've lost their jobs....but as long as those companies are still there when the lockdowns ease, those jobs will be there too...

• Cory2 months agoReport

Will it? Or will they find other jobs. Also how are they going to feed their families now?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.