promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do you prepare your hamburgers?

When cooking your hamburgers from ground beef what ingredients do you add? I heard that people add an egg and flour to the mixture but that sounds gross.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I usually make my hamburgers out of ground chicken and hot dogs. I then put 35 slices of swiss cheese on, and then dump a whole bottle of barbecue sauce on it. I then let it cook for 5 weeks.

• Lemonadegirl
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Thats creative. I shall try that

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I like my burgers with cheese and obviously a bag

• 2 months ago

I make burgers in several ways. Flour? No. 

Egg? No.

But a splash of Worcestershire sauce? sure. Or soy sauce. Or A-1 steak seasoning. Or a few dashes of Montreal Steak seasoning. Or chili powder. The only time I would use an egg is to make meat loaf, and my best meatloaf recipe has an egg, a few pieces of whole-wheat bread torn into very tiny pieces, 3/4 cup of buttermilk and 3 tbsp of oregano for 2 pounds of ground beef. This may sound odd, but it makes the best meatloaf ever. Meatballs too. 

• 2 months ago

I sprinkle a Canadian steak seasoning on them, let it marinate for a day or two, and broil them on a gas grill. If you are from the United Kingdom, ignore this advice, find a recipe for meatloaf, and make it into patties.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Made burgers tonight. Added thyme, black pepper, garlic powder, minced onion and a little Worcestershire sauce. Seasoned with a little salt while pan-frying.

I add egg and bread crumbs to meatloaf, along with other seasonings.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Egg is ok, you won't notice it. Flour I think pushes it more towards a salisbury steak type thing. it does sound weird but it won't be all that bad.

Still and all, meat, salt pepper and a hot skillet is all you really need.

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I just put a dash of salt on top of the burger while it's cooking, 5 minutes on each side, then I put the burgers on a plate to de-grease, pile on some shredded cheddar, then cover that with a pan or something to melt the cheese, done.  mmmm, so good!

(and yes, adding that egg and flour sounds gross) O_o

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

An egg and matzoh meal.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Grass fed beef, my wife likes ground turkey. Salt, pepper. Ask yourself why that is the formula for 99% of the burger places in the world. Toppings go on top.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I just make patties and throw them  on the grill.  But add egg and stuffing and crackers when making meatloaf.

• Rainz2 months agoReport

Fricken excellent idea with the stuffing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.