promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Is it nice to live in a RV ?

Im planning to live in a RV as soon as I get my driver license I want to get it to run away from all of these family dramas not only that I want to get it so I can go travel around the states the only problem is I dont know how to convert bathroom kitchen all of good stuff into my RV. Ofcourse I can probably just pay someone to do it for me but dang is going to cost even more for them to make it for me but I think is worth it or I might just buy one thats already have all the built in but I think that would be pretty nasty there would probably be junks all over the floor moles all over the RV broken stuff I used RV is probably not the best. I have a phone I can just use that for my internet put it on hotspot & play games on my pc & ps4 but yeah can anyone tells me how long it took to built yours buy yours and is it hard living in a trailer ? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

There's much more to it than running off. You need sanitation service and fresh water for washing and cooking. Think about this more carefully. You can't just park anywhere you want all the time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can live in an RV; if the RV is big enough (and many of them are); and lots of people live full-time in an RV. Many of the bigger RV's have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in them. Some have a washer/dryer in them.. An RV can be as "big" as you want it to be. 

Park the RV in a permanent location; hook up the water and sewer lines, and have your electric supply company set an electric power pole in the yard (you can't connect the electric power line directly to the metal frame of an RV; it has to come directly off  the meter on the power pole), and move in.  

Don't buy a used RV and try to "convert" it with the kitchen, bath, and all the "other stuff" yourself. Especially don't buy from a private seller. Buy from a dealership that sells RV's. You have no way of knowing what internal damage a used RV might have; even if it "looks good" on the outside. Trying to convert it yourself and install all that "stuff" could cost you more than buying a new RV.  

Buy a new RV that already has the kitchen, bath, furniture, and the "other stuff" already installed. 

If you want to haul an RV down the road, you're going to have to have at least a big pickup truck that has enough towing power to tow a heavy  RV. It's going to cost more to register an RV for over-the-road travel than it does to register a car. 

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I used to go on summer vacations with my family when I was a kid.  For a few weeks every year it was OK, but I think if I had to live in one I would freaking hate it.  Why not move out into an apartment?

• Bort
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I was on tour with the music industry all over the world from 2006 to 2012 and I've driven semi trucks across the country for the past 4 years. Living on the road isn't for everyone. It's tough, it's lonely, you have to be resourceful and most importantly it's expensive. You need an income. You need fuel, food, money for repairs when it breaks down (not if...when it breaks down), you'll end up staying at hotels whether you want to or not here and there.

Of course you can get an RV or convert a van or bus or something into a rolling apartment. Again...it's quite expensive. Seeing different places is a good goal, I think everyone should do it. But you need a place to call home and a home to go to. Places are a great experience to see but once you're at a place maybe 3 times it gets pretty monotonous and you realize that no matter where you go there isn't really a significant difference to anything.

Living on an RV requires money, an income. You didn't mention your plan to provide yourself with the money you'll constantly need. You'll end up eating at restaraunts pretty often and staying over night at truck stops. It's not for everyone.

After doing it for several years I realized it wasn't for me. I started driving truck because I did miss traveling but I got a local gig and I'm at home every night and most weekends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It can be done.

You NEED to change the way you do things dealing with what you have to work with.

Suggest you go in person to some RV lots to see the things available. Some are a small home on wheels. Some are meant for a week or two at a time.

Your first thing is it is has to have your NEEDS. A year from now that could change what your NEEDS are.

You NEED a place to sleep, a place to cook/eat, a place to store food and your other stuff, a place for doing toilet/ washing.

You can do dishes in the same sink you wash your hands.

For example you do not NEED a table to eat a meal. You could sit on your sleeping place. You might WANT a table.

Start with the NEEDS the must haves. The wants are according to your budget.

Many places can build one for you to your specifications./ floor plan.

You might want a heater air conditioning a fridge .......... YOU DECIDE

The cost to have something ready go is from a few thousand dollars to half a million for a larger fancy one.

Good luck . Many guides on line for things like getting mail getting insurance and many other hints.

With the current virus situation I expect many others may soon do the same thing as they look for a better situation.

• R K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you don't need to build one, just go to an RV dealer and look around. there are many choices

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.