promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I plan to travel around Europe this summer via Eurail train?

I will be planning to go to London this summer. I go there often and for summers I usually go for a month. However, I plan this time to go to London for only 4 nights, then afterwards fly from London to Stockholm, and from Stockholm travel down to Copenhagen, then Hamburg, Frankfurt, Zurich, Lugano in Switzerland, and from Lugano to Nice, then to Lyon, and also experience the French alps (Chambery and Grenoble) and then go to Bruges, Belgium and take the train back to London which will I will have 2 days left. I am curious is it a good or okay idea to travel around Europe this summer with the coronavirus going on? I will be there this July and I hope the coronavirus will be better by then. If not, is it still safe for me to travel around Europe as long as I avoid Italy. I may have to travel through Italy to get to Nice from Lugano, Switzerland. I just was curious if its safe for me because my mom told me if this coronavirus situation does not get any better just stay within the UK and maybe if I want travel to somewhere like Ireland or France. I really want to do this train travel especially after reading books, researching, and asking friends in regards to the Eurail train travel and my aribnbs are reserved for all these locations. Is it okay if I did the train travel this summer what do you think is best for me ? Safety I understand is highly important but wanted to double check and make sure if this is an okay idea.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're hoping to travel in 2020, you may have to postpone for a year. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

It is likely that once "flu season" is over then COVID-19 will also decrease. 

• 3 months ago

Currently, you won't be able to travel through Italy. It's not know at this stage whether this will change by the summer.

Have you left yourself time to actually sightsee / relax in the places you're going?

• 3 months ago

i guess you live in the land of the brave?  stay at home if your not man enough to make your own decisions ...i have travelled around 36 states ..never once booked anything in advance ..and never carried a knife or a gun ..live life 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

just pray you dont get it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.