promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I’m trying to change my eating habits. Advice please? Diet/fitness ?

I started working out and only drinking water on 02/08/2020. I jog 3 miles Monday Wednesday and Friday which started out taking me 40-43 minutes but now I’m averaging 37-39. I finished off with running up and down this set of bleachers 10 times. On my alternate days I lift eights with a friend whose knowledgeable about weight lifting with a jogging warm up and cool down.

I now want to change my diet. I’m use to constantly eating because I’m always on the go and don’t have access to a kitchen until 03/16. I want to change that. I will tell you what I’m use to eating that I want to break this habit of listed below:

1. Cheeseburgers with bacon and fried egg on it sometimes

2. Chifila fried chicken sandwiches 

3. I eat fries or potatoes with almost everything

4. Wings

5. Cheesesteak and chicken cheese steak subs

6. Chicken and shrimp pasta

7. Breakfast: which is rare but when I do it pancakes/toast fits eggs meat and hash brown

How can I change these horrible habits so I can maximize my fitness and cut my running time. I’m 5 foot 7, 27 years old and 280 pounds please help any advice that would help me make a difference. 

Update:

Excuse the Typos/grammar  I meant to say “lifting weights on my alternate days”

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Get rid of the breads and pastas and pancakes. No potatoes. Meat is fine, just without breadings or coatings, so opt for grilled or seared. Eggs are great. Avoid sauces unless you make them and are sure about what's in them.

Eat avocado instead of potatoes.

You might want to look into the ketogenic diet. It's a great way of eating for life - you can google Dr. Axe Diet doctor keto for beginners.

Avoid sugar, juices.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

just change it to good eating habits instead

• 1 month ago

Breakfast: toast (wholegrain if possible) & eggs (scrambled or poached) is ok. Grab a piece of fruit to fill up if that is not enough.

Lunch: grab a sub loaded with salad. You can still have spicy chicken strips in the sub but the salad is a much better option than fries.

Dinner: still have the pasta but with a high vegetable content sauce, Napoli sauce is good but any rich tomato based sauce would be ok.

Or try an asian stir fry take away with lots of vegetables

Or as you love potato, get a baked potato loaded with coleslaw.

Snacks: fruit

These suggestions are still not a great diet but are better options, working within your takeout options.

Main thing is to cut back on anything deep fried and increase your fruit and vegetable intake to more than fried potato.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.