promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

am i over reacting?(dating question)?

ive been dating this guy for a few months now. Im HOH and wear hearing aids which he seemed to accept and actually like? (yea idk what that means either)

When he were going to meet his family at a little get together he asked me to take my hearing aids out.

i explained to him that without them i cannot hear very well ( kinda obvious) which he knew and he kinda insisted so there i was kinda struggling to read everyone lips at a time but somehow made it through the night.

but i felt so... bad and he thinks im overreacting and only asked me to take them out because his family is very judgmental and didnt want them to be rude.

opinion?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Candy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

This is incredibly nasty and discriminatory thing that he has asked you to do.Its disgusting to ask a person with a disability to take their hearing aids out because he is worried about what his precious family will honestly find a new man .Stop dating him and get someone with some confidence.If this guy and his family where confident they would except you for who you are.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

sounds kid of double edged to me. Im sure he knows his family very well so he wanted to avoid making you feel uncomfortable by.. making you feel uncomfortable. I would have asked why invite you if he felt embarrassed. 

• 1 month ago

You can get these ones that fit totally in the ear, seen ads for them on TV. I don't want to act like it's important, I wouldn't care, but some people can be a bit judgmental or whatever it is. I don't think he meant to hurt you. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.