promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Our daughter's life is a complete Trainwreck and I don't know what to do with her ?

She's 29 years old can't keep a job she has 50 cents in her bank account. She used to dress nice but now she goes everywhere in sweatpants, she barely bathes she smells she spends all day in her room and only comes out when it's to meet a man. Oh she doesn't know that we know but she's been cheating on her boyfriend. Every night around 1 am I see her walking to a mysterious car that's not her boyfriend  And no we don't give her money for food because if she can't be bothered to get a job she will see how it feels to be hungry. This will make her a stronger person and she will thank us in the future. Now if her boyfriend wants to give her money that's on him but I've advised him against it. Also her bathroom is disgusting she has poop and pee everywhere tissues everywhere grime everywhere. Every time I talk to her she said I'm stressing her out. I talked to my sister about this and she said she believes our daughter is paranoid and depressed. Another problem is our daughter washes her hands 24/7 this is getting worse she can't even open the car door without washing her hands her hands are cracking and bleeding .now I noticed she's been throwing up a lot and I asked her if she was pregnant and she said yes. I said this is in freaking believable. She told me she couldn't afford plan b r birth control and she didn't want to ask anyone. I hate to say this but I'm starting to hate her. I know she's my daughter but I didn't raise her to be this worthless. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sounds like your daughter is mentally ill and possibly turning tricks. Clearly she needs mental health intervention. Try to talk her into it, use "for the sake of your child" if you need too. If she won't cooperate you may need to gain a conservatorship over her to get her the help she needs. I don't know your daughter's tastes when it comes to pop culture but I do know a parent who was able to make this process easier with her adult daughter by pointing out how a parental conservatorship took Britney Spears from the brink of self destruction to a place where she salvaged her career and got custody of her children back. Some people can look at a mental health success story like that and see hope in it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you should give her a certain amount of time to move out

• Herman
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Why don't you move out and get a job?

• 1 month ago

Sounds like depression to me. Maybe offer to pay for therapy. I know you want her to do it on her own, but if she isn't able, then if you can get her to work out some of the things that may be stopping her from self directing, it benefits you both to help her with therapy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Honestly, she's never going to grow up unless she struggles for a while on her own. Once she has struggled, she will realize how important it is to make sound decisions and hopefully this will inspire to make wiser choices in the future. She has a tough road ahead of her, raising a baby without enough funds. She has no choice but to find a way to get through it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Uh.....well, she has OCD, that;;s the hand washing thing, and yes, she is depressed, that's the not bathing thing.

So she obviously needs to see a therapist or counselor about these 2 mental health conditions.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You force her to speak to a mental health therapist or move out.

So she sneaks out to meet her bf and you don't call her on that AND she lives in your household?

Obviously whoever raised this child did a very bad job of it.

• 1 month ago

Get her professional help, from what you've mentioned, it sounds like your sister might be on the right track and this young woman needs mental health counseling and support that you are not able to provide.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pearl L. is a train wreck and WON'T work. She just lays around smelling bad and

answers questions on Yahoo.  The question reminds me of Pearl. Everything

in the question is exactly like Pearl. What should we do?

• 1 month ago

If she's like this because she's depressed then frankly with an attitude like yours as her parent,then it's no wonder,you should be getting her help not criticising her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.