promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why don't more women just bail on their children like many men do?

You could live a free life like many men do or complain endlessly about footing the bill and giving up your agency

9 Answers

Relevance
  • patty
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

yeah the guys leave the government to help bring the baby up

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This probably boils down to the physiological reality that women who don't want children can make sure they never have any. Some men on the other hand are forced into parenthood.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Women bail on children all the time you stupid fvck. Or even better they take ex hubby for everything he has in no-fault divorce court and also get the kids and then they remarry some scumbag who abuses their kids but they don’t care because they like the income. You moron. What are you 12 years old?

• rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Among my coworkers at a big airline, more women bailed out than men. We had a lot of single dads. I networked with a lot of single dads. It doesn't seem to be unusual. I guess the media doesn't find it worth reporting.

Source(s): Raised 4 girls as a single dad.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"Why don't more women just bail on their children like many men do?"

Any woman who has bailed has already done so before the child was even known to anyone.  It's called Reproductive choices.  Keep the baby, abort the baby, adopt it out at birth, drop off baby at the police station, etc.

Men don't have reproductive Rights.  That's why we can see men bailing out where there is no such optics for women.  Because the reproductive Responsibilities that have been imposed onto them have become too much whereby even the penalties are seen as worth the legal punishments or servitude.  This is what happens when we impose Responsibilities without Rights.

• 1 month ago

You are out of your mind if you think there aren't mothers that do! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

or just have an abortion.

• 1 month ago

Because there's a huge emotional and physical cost (and therefore an investment) in bearing a child. For us guys, our part of the job is technically over after the squirt.

Imagine your body distended and hormonally-unbalanced for more than half a year, then this living thing pops out. Wouldn't you feel like you had some stake in its future? I think I would. 

I'm not saying fathers can't be emotionally bound to their children, but with women it's built into the process, while with guys it's something we have to build ourselves.

• 1 month ago

Social norms, I guess, that put women as the default person responsible for the kid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.