promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

HELP! My father is in the process of getting a divorce. Recently she broke into and stole 250k worth of assets out of a safe. What do I do?

My father is getting divorced from a gold digger. They have been together about 8 years. She has been married numerous times and we believe she has done this many times before. She falsely accused him of violence to keep him out of their house. While he was kept from entering she and her attorney broke into his safe and stole 250k of his assets (pre marital).  Including money and jewelry that belonged to my grandmother. 

I have no clue what to do. And I’m afraid he his going to lose his property as well as jewelry that has been in my family for generations. 

Please help!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Someone needs to call the police. Seriously, it's hard to believe you need some stranger to tell you this.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Gosh man, sorry to hear that, in part is his fault for marrying a gold digger. 

• Tom
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Steal it all back.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're getting some very bad info.  I can guarantee that there's no way a legit attorney would be involved in stealing from someone's safe.  Who told you about this?   Anyway, there's nothing you can do, but that isn't true of your dad.  Just as one example, if he has proof his wife was involved in taking things from the safe, he should already have filed criminal charges.  Same with lying about domestic violence. That's a false police report, which is a big no-no.  To me, it doesn't sound like you're getting the whole story. 

Also, you never said anything about your dad getting an attorney, which I assume has happened.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It it was HIS property and she took it without his permission, it's theft.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can't do anything. Your father and his attorney should file charges. If neither one of you can get into the house, how do you know she stole assets?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can't do anything.  HE can file a Police Report (of course), he can file a report with the Bar Association, HE can claim on his homeowners insurance.

HE can be smarter in the future.

• 1 month ago

He needs a lawyer who can file a lawsuit against her. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.