promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Would you marry for money?

I reason it as having a good provider...the Bible says so.  I am getting close to retirement age and I haven't saved nor will my social security check be much because I only worked the minimum to qualify for social security.  I have to marry someone with a well enough income to support the two of us and my disabled son.  Do you see anything wrong with that...

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Marry for love, not love of money, which as you will recall is the root of all evil.

Being seen as a meal ticket tends to discourage most suitors, so it may not be a problem.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No. Only goldiggers do.

• 1 month ago

money does not buy you love... LOL

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, I see something wrong with that, and no I would never marry, for money.

How exactly is your son disabled?

People who are disabled can still probably work, but it may be harder, for them. Since you never said what type of disability your son has then there is no way, for anyone here to know if he can, or can't work.

There are probably many people who save, and I just, so happen to be one of those people. Whatever money I get then I save it, and I also spend it too, but I am careful about how I spend money.

Not everyone knows how to properly manage money, so this would be your problem.

You not being able to support yourself is not good at all. I am not sure if your son can realistically work, but you as a parent should have been doing your best to make sure he would be cared, for after you die, and that's if he realistically can't work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think as long as you are honest about it and the feeling is mutual. If some rich man/woman is lonely, wants companionship And understands the circumstances. Probably will need to be open to the fact that “relations” will be expected

• 1 month ago

Well, from your point of view it's a very good idea. Whether the rich ladies will come flocking to a spendthrift man who's after their money is a different kettle of fish entirely.

• 1 month ago

Lots of people marry for money. My father has remarried 3 times because women cant stop using him for money, so by all means, do it. Just don't expect people to respect you.

• 1 month ago

"Do for self or suffer the consequences." You sound like a real leech, and no amount of biblical scripture is a decent reason for acting this way. You're free to do whatever you want, but just know that society is dragged down by people like you.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope...

I'll never put myself in a situation where someone can tell me that I have what I have because of them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe if we Love each other and treat one another right and he accepts my children I would go for it.  But to marry only for the money I guess that's a no.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope in 15 chars

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.