promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

How do Democrats plan to help the 2 million people they intend to put out of a job by passing Single Payer?

The health insurance industry employs about 2.7 million nationwide. Most of them will lose their jobs. How to Democraps plan to help them?

Or is it a case of can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/194233/aggrega...

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

PUT THEM ON WELFARE, THAT WAY THEY ARE GUARANTEED THEIR VOTES

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

By getting them better jobs. Those who are actually caring for the sick or injured won't lose their jobs. The health care industry jobs that will be eliminated are mostly in billing, insurance, etc., and those workers can be given something more productive to do.

• 1 month ago

They said they were going to retrain them to do something else... WHAT A JOKE THAT IS... 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've yet to see this acknowledged by anyone other than you and the voices inside my own head.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I doubt it will be the Republican solution. “Sucks to be you”, “get a job”. At least they would still have healthcare.

• 1 month ago

Most of them will not lose their jobs. On the contrary, the quantity of jobs in healthcare would be likely to increase because more people would have access to care under single payer. 

• 1 month ago

They plan on lengthening unemployment and expanding food stamps.

They do not have a plan on how to help them get new jobs and do not care.

But keep in mind that this is just the beginning.

Once they get single payer and it does not save the money they claim it will the next step will be to take over the medical care of the country.

And if Bernie Sanders is elected he will push for a government take over of most of the US economy.

• 1 month ago

Those people will be employed when the government contracts to process all the new Medicare claims.

• 1 month ago

We could give all of them a 2-year severance and still save money. I wonder what we did with the switchboard operators once they were no longer needed?

• 1 month ago

Insurance companies money <<<< your money. The sooner you figure that out, the better off you'll be

• StarShine
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Less important, not less in quantity, They've got billions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.