promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

"how should I tune my G&L L2000 tribute Bass Guitar"?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • mars
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The tuning is an octave lower than the corresponding four lowest-pitched guitar-strings (E,A,D,G). I'd use a tuner.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Emdog
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Interesting you would get a G&L and have no idea how to tune. Go to youtube. Plenty of videos there

• 1 month ago

None of the switches change the tone each string or fret plays.

It does not even need to be plugged in, if you are using a typical clip-on tuner attached to the headstock...

I usually use one of the Korg ones in the link below, though I do have a pedal style on in my pedalboard as well.

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/tuners/sledgehamm...

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to explain what you mean by “how”.

Do you mean, to what notes, how to physically change the pitch of the strings or how to know when the strings are at the right pitch?

Edit:

When I tune my bass I use a Snark headstock tuner so the position of the controls don't matter. Assuming you are using a tuner you plug into I'd say make sure you don't overdrive the input of the tuner (which could be possible with active electronics). I'd begin by trying the bridge pickup but just experiment. The controls you mention shouldn't really make a lot of difference but just see what works best for you and your tuner.

I find tuning a bass works best using 12th fret harmonics rather than the open strings which are an octave lower.

• ron1 month agoReport

It has a three position pickup selector, a series/parallel switch selector, an active/passive switch selector. What position should each of these be in while tuning? Thanks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.