promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

what think of people that are concerned of things like making sure their electric tea kettle is "BPA"free ? (Thinking it can cause cancer)?

Update:

how many millions of people around the world use a plastic tea kettle probaly every day?  and have they developed cancer or other diseases?  what about dishwashers that have plastic parts inside that steams all over the dishes they eat off of?

are these the same types that are making a big deal out of the Corona virus?

Update 2:

same types that are making a big deal out of the Corona Virus outbreak probably?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Would you start vaping today regardless of the suspected link between vaping and popcorn lung and other illnesses? 

BPA is suspected of causing male infertility and other issues with babies as well. As a potential mother it is your responsibility to take care of this new life. As such the next 9 months are filled with learning. The electrical outlets/receptacles all have the plastic protectors in place. The cabinets are all locked. Many people go through baby proofing their home prior to bringing home baby. They've heard of BPS but they're not sure. Might as well skip that just in case. 

People will err on the side of caution when they become parents. It's their life, their baby's life and their choice and either choice they make is something I have neutral feelings about. I don't KNOW how dangerous BPA is so I'm not qualified to say they're over-reacting or are just being good parents. 

The Center for Disease Control aka the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/outbreaks/index.html isn't prone to fits of paranoia but instead are there to help manage these types of issues by communicating facts and information. When the CDC releases information https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.ht... concerning the CV it isn't a bunch of concerned soccer moms talking about their BPA free baby bottle for milk. The virus shouldn't be underestimated or dismissed as simple hype and propaganda. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

my electric tea kettle is stainless steel. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know what “BPA” is. I don't know what a “tea kettle” is either. Making tea requires boiling water. I wouldn't pour boiling water into a plastic container.

Added, no I'm not an American. I know what a tea pot is and I know what an electric kettle is but having either made from plastic is a crazy idea.

Do you just mean “electric kettle”?

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

you dont know what an electric tea kettle is? are you an American? eww

• 1 month ago

BPA is like drunk driving. Will it kill you every time? No. Could you potentially get away with doing it for years or even decades? Maybe.

Does that mean you can drink as much as you like and drive?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.