promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

can I use whipped cream frosting in surprise M&M cake?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I do not see why not, I am sure that it would be fine to use a whipped cream frosting on a cake.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

that would definitely be a surprise, albeit an unpleasant one. nasty stuff

• 1 month ago

You can if you want to.

• Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes you can certainly do so

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Do you mean like actual cool whip?  Or I have seen whipped cream flavored frosting in tubs on the shelf at the store.  If you are using just cool whip you will want to keep it cold because it will obviously melt and get gross.  If you're using the whipped cream flavor frosting that's shelf stable you should be good to go.

• Ramesh1 month agoReport

Not Cool Whip.  Actual whipping cream whipped to stiff peak. I am using little bit of white chocolate pudding as a stabilizer.  The cake has 4 layers.  Do you think the weight of layers would flatten or calapse  the cake?  I don't prefer butter cream frosting.  Too heavy.  not sure about whipped

• 1 month ago

Yeah sure, but you need to stabilize the whipped cream with gelatin.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, but you will need to keep the cake cold before serving it. Thus if you need to transport it, that is a big problem.

• 1 month ago

Personal opinion here ..

I do not think whipped cream is a good frosting.  It does  not have the  stability to hold up for a while.  It needs to be refrigerated. Any leftover cake will not be good for long, the whipped cream as it breaks down will soak into the cake making it soggy.

You are better off with a Buttercream frosting. 

The weight of the layers will flatten the whipped cream.  You could do it as a 13X9 pan almost like a Tres Leches Cake that has a whipped cream topping. 

Your other option check recipes for other Butter cream frostings not just the butter or shortening and powdered sugar.  There are French, Italian and Swiss Butter cream frostings.  You might like a German Buttercream also called Ermine Frosting it is almost as light as whipped cream.  Think of the filling in a Twinkie or a HoHo it is very much like that. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Nikki P
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I have never used pudding as a stabilizer It would be thick. It might be difficult folding the butter cream into the whipped cream and pudding without it collapsing 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nothing is stopping you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. You "can" do anything you want.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.