promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why was Trump not able to sustain the strong economic growth Obama started?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It hasn't changed much.  Little better on GDP but not much, especially considering the tax cut to corporations.  Obama had better job growth.  Unemployment was already near 4% before Trump.  Trump is running up debt in what he is calling a booming economy. That makes no sense. 

• ...Show all comments
    • marsel_duchamp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Give me one significant change in the trends.  Go ahead.  Job growth has actually been worse in the last 3 years than the 3 years preceding those.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I'm going to try to stay unbias, but I might slip. Obama didn't really increase or decrease our economy, and Trump did increase our economy by a little bit in his first few months, but it hasn't skyrocketed or anything. So I guess, all in all, the question proposed is a tad false.

• 1 month ago

Are you being an idiot on purpose?

• 1 month ago

He has. Are you just stupid or just dishonest? Or both.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The only time they used the word 'historic' under President Obama was to describe how bad things were. Labor participation at RECORD lows. Job growth at RECORD lows. Health insurance rates at RECORD highs. Gas prices at RECORD highs for RECORD periods of time. 

There was NOTHING that President Obama did that actually benefited the American people or, by extension the world. EVERYTHING President Trump has done, by comparison has benefited America, the American people and the world. 

The contrast is amazing. 

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • marsel_duchamp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Trump has not had annual GDP Growth above 2.9%.  Obama had some quarterly numbers higher than Trump's be quarter. The graphic is so misleading and inaccurate it amounts to a lie.

• 1 month ago

Obama was an absolute disaster for our economy. The DOW growth was tepid. The term "jobless recovery" was made to describe the Obama economy. Obama said the GDP couldn't rise over 2%. 

• marsel_duchamp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

He had it over 2% multiple times.   https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/spinning-gdp/

• 1 month ago

Huge government spending and artificially holding interest rates low.

But as we've seen with Regan and Bush this policy works short term but in the long term it is an economic disaster.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He prefers tax cuts for his wealthy cronies 

• 1 month ago

One percent growth for 8 years is not strong. "The new normal" suddenly went away when Trump came into office.

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

More like 15

• 1 month ago

As granny would say, “you’re as full of **** as a Christmas goose”.

• frank
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

lol my dad used to say that hed be 102 if he was still alive. I always liked that saying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.