promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Headaches when drinking water?

Hey everyone,

On average I probably drink 3-4 cups of water a day, which I am aware is not healthy. However, when I try to drink water, usually sipping throughout the day, it gives me really bad headaches. I don't drink anything else other than water, and my urine is a normal color. Any ideas? Thanks!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Move out of mexico

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Hockey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes, I have an idea.

Go. See. A. Doctor.

• 1 month ago

stop drinking out of the toilet

• Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Drinking 3-4 cups of water/day is healthy. Your headaches are not related to water consumpsion, but other problems

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

3-4 cups of water is not a whole lot of fluids.  Your body could just be dehydrated and telling you it needs more fluids.  Also, have you recently stopped drinking caffeine?  Soda, coffee, tea, etc?  Caffeine withdrawals can cause serious headaches too.  If that's the case you can actually buy caffeinated water to help.  There is also water with extra electrolytes that could be helpful too. As long as whatever you are drinking out of is clean and your drinking water is safe you shouldn't be getting headaches.  If it continues I'd make an appointment with the doctor to see what's going on.  Good luck :)

• k w
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

or drinking too cold of water can give headaches as well......room temperature is perfect, and cold is bad for digestion....

Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not UNhealthy to drink 3 - 4 cups of water a day (that's actually well below the recommended amount of fluid). As someone mentioned, there may be something in the water YOU are allergic to or your body is reacting to. Do you get the same headaches if you drink the water when it's part of some other beverage (when you use it to make coffee, tea, juice, etc) or when it's used in cooking such as soups or other dishes where a large amount of tap water would be added to prepare a food?

There could be iron, fluoride, or chlorine for example, that your body is reacting to. See the source article for info on water and migraines. 

• 1 month ago

On average you should be drinking 60 cups of water a day.

• k w
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

1-1/2 ounces at a time.....

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course it is healthy to drink water. 3/4 cups is nothing. if you are drinking this ice cold it will give you brain freeze.

You need more liquid than that in a day.

• 1 month ago

maybe you should get your water tested if youre getting headaches from it

• Other people in my family are not having the same problem so I am not sure that it is our water.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

an idea would be to ask a question since this is a q&a site

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.