promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Driving in the UK Quesion?

Just a quick question, I have been watching some driving videos and noticed that some people get there acceleration to a certain point before pulling off, however the way I do it is get the clutch to the bite, release handbrake and then accelerate a bit as i am finally pulling the clutch all the way out, is my way the wrong way or is it fine to do what I am doing, is it also fine with hillstarts as well?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The way you're doing it (accelerate a bit as i am finally pulling the clutch all the way out) means you will be replacing your clutch at regular intervals. Accelerating while letting the clutch out will kill your clutch.

Let the clutch out fully as soon as you can without stalling. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Sounds like you are doing it fine. You may find you need a little more gas for a hill start.

Some people may rev it up unnecessarily for a smarter take-off, which is what you've seen. It's not good for the car, particularly the clutch.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You are fine.  You are probably normal, accelerator going down at the same as the clutch comes up.

On uphill starts, you can learn to use heel and toe to hold the service brake and the accelerator at the same time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Quesion" is not a word, and it doesn't matter as it isn't a question regardless. Rule violation!

• Anton
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

You are an idiot.  He wrote the word correctly later.  The wrote "Quesion" because he was a bit light on the T-key.  Smart people can see pass others' mistakes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.