promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do I get over my boyfriend lying and being with another girl?

We just had a baby in September. He wasn’t great with the baby at first which lead me to believe he wouldn’t be a good dad and we started to drift apart a little bit so I broke up with him (I was not in a right mental state to do so because I was EXTREMELY hormonal after giving birth). Normally if we have a fight and “break up” he would stay and try talking about it. This time he actually texted other girls. He had sex with his ex as soon as we broke up and then took his coworker on multiple dates, all while saying he still wanted me and wanted to take things slow this time with us. He wasn’t there for the baby, I did all the work, didn’t get with anyone else, started working 2 weeks after giving birth to support my child. We got back together after a month, he lied to me about everything and I had to find out from the other women. We’ve moved in with each other, started making plans for the future, he’s become an amazing father... what should I do?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

He has not committed to you, as long as you two have not legally married.

Make your FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT future plan to get more education so that you can get a goo job .. because your relationship with this man is not likely to last. You are both too young (lacking emotional maturity and self-sufficiency) and have gone about it all wrong.

I would like to be wrong about this .. If I am, you don't need to get certification or a degree. But since you are most likely to break up you DO need to have the security of being employable and being able to make a decent income.

(Experts say that people are not mature enough to make a relationship work until they have been living on their own, supporting themselves, for at least 5 years)

• braelyn1 month agoReport

I have an education and I am currently a CNA working my way up to being an RN. He hasn’t asked me to marry him because I’m not ready to be married to him yet. I want to be sure I’m ready before I get married.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

< Normally if we have a fight and “break up” >

Neither of you sound very mature and now you have a baby to deal with.

• ...Show all comments
    • braelyn1 month agoReport

also our daughter isn’t just some baby to deal with. she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m not stressed with anything about her. anyone would tell you she’s the happiest baby they’ve ever seen.

• 1 month ago

This is why it's a very bad idea to have babies with a man who isn't willing to commit to you in marriage! But people do grow up.  And a lot of men change when they have a responsibility to a child. Give him a chance. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.