promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Is this rude?

My roommate keeps offering me food but then expects me to pay her back.  I always thought it was considered rude to offer to share something then demand compensation later-  she should not offer what she is not okay with providing. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I luvs yahoo global warming!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The problem may be different backgrounds. She may believe it's extremely rude to NOT offer others whatever it is she is eating, may be offering just to be polite. People of her background would understand that the offer is about being polite, not about a sincere wish to share, and say "No thank you." 

If she offers you whatever she is eating and you say yes to that offer, then it's not surprising that she will expect you to likewise offer to share with her. And when that sharing isn't happening, prompt you to "act right."

I suggest that you say "No thank you" when she offers to share. Problem solved. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ask her if there are any "strings attached to accepting this food."  Repeat as necessary.  She'll get the message.  You could also decline the offer.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, its rude, just dont accept it next time

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes it is rude. Pay her back if she wants it for any food you have eaten. Then in the future just decline all future offerings.

• 1 month ago

Yes it's rude to offer something then expect money in return. If she was going to the store and asked if you wanted something, then you should pay her for what you got.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.