promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Why is self love, interest, and praise frowned upon in society?

How's it really different from paying this type of attention to any other person? We're no different than anyone else.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stems from religious beliefs and I think its unhealthy, I believe one needs to put self first, love self....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The two quotes that come to mind are coincidentally from the Bible, although this is not a religious answer.

"Let others praise you."

- Book of Proverbs

Praising yourself makes you look stupid. If you have self-esteem, you don't need to praise yourself. Also, we lack objectivity when we make self-assessments, we're biased.

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

- Jesus

He didn't say "instead of yourself." He's on the same page as the 18th-century philosophers who advocated enlightened self-interest.

Again, we're biased. We have to keep asking ourselves about our motives. Some things seem unselfish.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You might be interested in reading the article on the website below.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g79 4/22 Needed: Awareness of God, Awareness of Others, Awareness of Self
  • 1 month ago

Because self esteem causes people to commit crimes.  After all, a man who commits murder, rape and/or robbery thinks that his "needs" (i.e., his covetousness of another's property) is more important than the needs of his victim(s). 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Self worth is frowned upon until it becomes theirs, their power, their right then it is permitted and called pride, self worth. Its frowned upon by the opposers of the person they vent their disapproval upon. That is all. 

Life as a lone woman, ruled by far right demons and their indian european coupled unity, ensure the Philosopher Mind spirit, considered rival to the established religions and belief systems is constrained in hell, with the powers of the establishment, state and banks. This is not permitted self worth or self love or any sense of entitlement by the proletariat reliogopilitical sociological banking system. No praise, no acknowledgment, no privileges, and if I was content to just babble soliloquously  within my own space in online places where the public has right of redress, then that was curtailed from response or praise too. God was always treated this way, mainly by earthly women with their legions behind them. aggrandising themselves by the association and proximity to God whilst oppressing the Philosopher Mind spirit as much as possible within the bounds of exploitation and utilitarianism. 

Religopolitics is an evil firmly entrenched in the established system, usually avoided but greatly empowered in these times, for the aforementioned obvious reasons. The silent conspiracy allows the continuum of this situation where each religopilitical groups wails from rooftops for any considered slight upon their entitlement, power, self worth and rights. 

This is in the foremost acolytes of the free world civilisation!  You can't hear or see me? neither will the heavens when the traversal is righted and the orders placed in their correct system, and all that you planted, acted, committed, thought, did is reversed and turned upon you in the crime and punishment system as favoured by the world. and biochemical physic universal system.

Self love is preferable to a system using a philosopher mind, God as bait to draw in Alpha males for the power system to desecrate, destroy, malign. Its the feminist kali durga system favoured by both east and to a lesser extent the west and Europe. Lamentatiosn yield special laws to protect the very culprits,especailly women in power in the system, thus nullifying further the self worth, appraisal, good standing of this Lady, this Philosopher, this Mind, God.

• I mean it can be in some cases. I smile upon those features of person-hood. Why wouldn't one? I think your answer is in your second and 3rd question. We live as though we are equal to one another. A few of us have special gifts or talents that allow one to excel well enough to be found special by others. There is plenty of ventures that lead to praise and applause, but the average person has a close knit approving social network and self-interested life-view. What are you trying to get at?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.