promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do I avoid this guy and his questions?

I work with this guy and we're friends and he's cute and very popular, but he asks everyone a lot invasive questions. Today we were talking about our parents and how long before women can stop having children and he asks everyone how old their mom is. When he asked me, I didn't want to answer because my mom is older than most parents and also my mom told me she doesn't like people knowing her age because she's so old. He made a joke about it saying "what is your mom like, ninety?" and everything was fine--but then he said "well you at least have a picture on your phone right?" I said no because I don't. He said "what are you embarrassed of your mom or something?" he then goes to show a picture of his attractive, in-shape parents and explains he has 1000s of photos of them. I don't have any photos of my mom because she hates taken photos because she's overweight and two, my dad died when I was a baby so she was always busy working that she never took any photos when I was younger. I guess I am embarrassed about it all but I don't think they should know my business, but he puts me on the spot a lot, everyone else seems to be okay with just sharing the bad parts of their life (like parents going to jail or uncle killing someone, etc.) but I'm just not, but I feel like I'm coming off sketchy and weird because I don't want to share info about my family. What do you think I should do to further avoid getting into situations like this. Am I over reacting, what can i do to avoid this

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

just tell him to stop asking you so many questions

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

1. You're not sketchy, you have the right to remain silent (5th Amendment)

2. Say nothing. If you don't want to answer just stay completely silent like he isn't there he's bound to get bored eventually. hope it works    ;)

• 2 months ago

Tell him you think he's anAsshole and to goFuck himself. That ought to work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.