promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

can you please explain the point of making us wear FULL school to serve a saturday detention ?

tomorrow i have my first saturday dention, myself and other friends were caught throwing chairs around in class at lunchtime in all there are 15 of us being punished tomorrow { NOT A;LL FOR THE SAME OFFENSE } today were were given a letter for parents to sign plus the work we have to do i have to write a 6 page essay on why its important to respect school property saturday detention lasts for 4 hours and we have to sit at our desks in totall silence and do our work the thing i cant understand is we have to wear FULL school uniform navy blue shirt tie and a navy blazer , i cant see the point of that , my mum says its all part of disipline and punishment what do you think ?

Update:

SORRY I MENT FULL SCHOOL UNIFORM

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You have to were a full school uniform while you're in Saturday detention because that's what the school's rules say you must do. No if's, ands, or buts.

Suck it up; put on your uniform; and go serve your detention. You're being punished for your behavior; and detention is supposed to be as miserable as possible, as a future deterrent. If you can't see the point, I don't know how to explain it to you.

If you don't want to have to serve more Saturday detentions in full school uniform, then don't throw chairs around in class at lunchtime.

• saturday detention was HORRIBLE it was so dull and boring and to make things worse my mum picked me up from detention then we went straight to my aunts house while i was still in school uniform my mum said that is all part of the punishment this went i spent all saturday in uniform HAVE SYMPATHY ?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

its all about disiplne and punishment , you have to wear school uniform every day for school so its makes sense that you have to wear it for a saturday detention which is a punishment after all your being punished so detention should be made to be as misreable as possible

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Please don't post answers to your own question. If you want to add some background, click on EDIT and  post an Update.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some day you may wish that you could pay for a crime just by sitting for four hours and writing an essay. 

If you did that at a job or at someones house or at a social venue - you could be sued and have to pay money or even face jail time. Plus it would be a permanent mark on your reputation and be put on your criminal record. As an adult if you were to do things like that - no longer considered being a minor - there are real and lasting consequences.

Do the punishment and don’t complain.

• 2 months ago

Oh do stop trolling, Elizibeth (silly spelling, btw). We're sick of reading these ludicrous fake accounts of idiotic behaviour.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

you are in saturday detention as a punishment foor throwing chairs around, you are being punished and therfore if should be made to be a misreable as possible, its right that you should have to wear full school uniform your being punished

• 2 months ago

Because those are the rules for Saturday detention.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

just stop getting in trouble and then you wont get detention

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are at school. If your school has a uniform why wouldn't you be wearing it?

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Newbury.:  Exactly!  That's why you're in Saturday detention and have to wear your full school uniform while you're there - you're being punished. Having to wear your full school uniform while you're in Saturday detention is a part of your punishment.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is designed to give you a reason to not repeat your poor behavior. If the school blew you kisses for your bad behavior, that wouldn't send the same message, right?

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Apparently you still don't understand the reason for your detention.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Detention? I'd have made you do maintenance work around the school.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.