promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are people really selfish these days?

Why is it whenever you go out and start driving its always someone causing accidents? No matter how cautious you are you either almost get into an accident or it actually happens. I think people need to start putting safety first than saving a few minutes to get to their destination. Nobody wants to get their cars damaged because of other drivers irresponsibly.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I couldn't agree more! Yes, people seem to be very selfish, especially on the road! My grandpa once said, " Drive for everyone else on the road ". As in, you have to be a very defensive driver to stay safe. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's not just these days.  People have been getting into accidents since before cars were invented.

There is a term for almost getting into an accident, and it's called driving.  Every time you drive, whether it's around the block or across the continent, you will almost crash.  50% of the time it will be your error, the other 50% it will be someone else's error.  And you probably will get into at least one accident before you die.

Get used to it, and stop pretending it's a new thing.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

In "red" States, yes.  It is the selfish people that voted to Trump, that think bribery and assassination is acceptable.  In the "blue" States we care about other people.  Move from DFW to La La Land -- but you will also have to relearn how to drive and not be selfish yourself.

• arther
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

if it happens every time you go driving you are the problem . are you sure you understand the road rules?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you compare the number of drivers on the road to the number of accidents, it's actually very small.  Look at the freeways in LA.  You have hundreds of thousands of cars every single day, yet the number of accidents is less than 1% of that.  I agree with you that many drivers are both selfish and stupid, but your conclusions are incorrect.

• 1 month ago

yes most young and middle aged are very selfish

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.