promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I stole money from my mom?

I know it was wrong, I’m not hear to hear it. I get it. I won’t ever do it again, but this past month my boyfriend got kicked out of his house and his mom took away all his money and car. He’s 18 and I would pay like 20 a day for him to eat and etc.. I know it wasn’t smart but I did it with my moms card. She now just realized and she’s furious. I told her that it was paid back but she doesn’t believe me.. any good excuses? Thanks. 

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, sorry about your boyfriend's situation, but honestly? You don't need to be helping some guy out financially. That's the issue i see here. And yes, while it was wrong to steal from your Mom, you did. How was it paid back to her? You didn't mention that.

I hope things work out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

The TRUTH is your only choice - NO excuses!!!  It is NOT your responsibility to provide finances for your boy friend after he's been kicked out.  Pay your mom back and dump your loser boy friend.

• Jane
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I can understand that you felt sorry for your bf and wanted to help him.But he is an adult and should be able to find a way to support himself without having to rely on you to steal from your family. Something is very wrong in his family if he was thrown out, and very wrong in yours that you felt you had to steal, rather than talking to your mom about it.So now the trust is lost between you and your mom, and you have to pay her back 20 a day for a month, which adds up to 140 a week for however many weeks you've done it. 

Tbh, I don't understand how you were able to get cash off her card without her knowing. There are no excuses as such, but you've got to find a way to get her trust back, and of course pay her back- if you have paid it, it will appear on her card statement.I don't know how you could pay her back if you didn't have the money to give him in the first place.

If I was your mom, I'd change all my card details, as they are not secure.Then talk with you about how to protect yourself from making bad decisions like this, where other people could take advantage of you and cause you to do something stupid.Then make a plan for how you're gna earn some money to pay back.

• 2 months ago

Im trying to pay/betray you mom

also why you stealing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • SW-6
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

What would work on you coming from your boyfriend after you find out he has been stealing money from you?  There's your answer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

First of all he didn't get kicked out of his house. He got kicked out from his mother's house. Second of all DO NOT pay, for his food you idiot.

The money that you are stealing from your mom is most likely used, for her, and your lifestyle, so if you continue being the greatest dumb@ss this world has ever seen then you just might end up like your boyfriend, and you might be putting your own mom in a much worse position due to your amazing stupidity.

Why should she believe you?

You are a thief, and maybe a liar too. I forgot to mention incredibly stupid as well. Your mom's card is in her name. Not in yours, so she should be using it. NOT YOU!!!

I think your mom should keep all of her cards with her just in case you try it again.

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Excuses/ ?  Try the truth.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The only good excuse is the straight up truth.  Even if I don't say anything, I always know when my kids are lying to me.

Using someone's card without their permission is a felony.  Aside from the theft, it can also be seen as identity theft (which is another felony).  If your mom wanted, she could file a complaint with the police about it.

Your bf's situation is not your mom's issue and it's not her responsibility to provide for him. 

How was the money paid back if it's not on your mom's card and you didn't give it to her?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your mother isn't looking for excuses.   She's looking for sincere regret and understanding of wrongdoing. 

No mother wants to be this close to her child being an adult and then discover that they are a criminal who thinks making excuses is how you fix it. 

Your behavior was an enormous insult to your mother's parenting skills.  If I were her, I'd be really worried about your future.

• 2 months ago

Show her the proof that it was paid back.  That at least would show that you weren't lying about that.  It needs to be paid back into the account from which your mother pays her card.  Checking her online bank statement would do it.  However, if it wasn't actually paid back, there's little I can do to help, other than suggest you admit the truth, then hand your mother the cash if you have it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.