promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

People driving fast through the neighborhood, would kind of vengeful act can I take?

I live in an apartment complex. The apartment buildings are fed by a large loop. The loop is large so once people pull out of their building's parking lot, they can gain significant speed before coming to the stop sign. Some drivers fly by my apartment in a blur. I just saw a cat get hit by one of these aholes two weeks ago. What can I do to punish them? A polite note on their car doesn't do chit. Reporting the problem to the police doesn't do chit. I am inclined to put a note on their car that says, hey selfish ahole. I noticed you flying through our community as if nothing else matters but you. If I see you doing it again, expect t come outside and find one of your tires flat. If you continue to do it after that, expect to come out and find two tires flat. There's no cameras here.

Update:

THERE ARE NO APARTMENT MANAGERS. It's a large community of apartment buildings and town homes owned by various different people. I'm done trying to talk to people about the problem. Nobody does chit.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

In warm weather my father wets down the road with a hose then squirts some dishwashing liquid on it . .  . the cars all slide and some end-up on the neighbors lawns or bang into parked cars.  When it's cold he mists the road with just enough water to form a thin film of ice.  You should see the faces of the people as they flail away at the wheel and it doesn't do anything - awesome fun.

added:  They wouldn't skid if they weren't going too fast . . . it's mostly morons using our quiet street as a shortcut between two busy streets (illegal - and they exceed the posted speed limit).  I do feel sorry for the old lady with the van full of little kids - but it was her fault and she should have had them in child seats and if the thing had been in safe condition it wouldn't have caught fire......serves them right.

• Mystic
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Pathetic troll. Any "vengeful act" would be against the law. You cannot threaten people OR damage their personal property. A vehicle is considered part of their personal property. YOU are not the police officer. YOU have no "right" to do anything. Yes, it sucks when people don't obey traffic laws. But two wrongs do not make a right. If it's a problem, keep talking to your police department(s) in the area. Explain that is a regular occurrence and you're afraid something bad is going to happen - like someone is going to get hit or there will be an accident - if it keeps up. Suggest that they patrol the area a lot more and look out for idiot drivers. There may not be apartment "managers" but there HAS to be SOMEONE in charge of this "apartment community". Find out who owns YOUR residence and tell THEM about the issue. Have them and maybe even some others who live in your area go to the police, the mayor, etc. and see about getting the issue resolved.

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Nope, I know how to obey traffic laws.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You should report them to the police, and place cameras in the appropriate areas to get them on video tape.

Or you could sit outside your living residents, and sit in a lawn chair with a speed gun, and yell at people as they drive by you.  I saw a crazy old man do this once.  Who knows, you've got a lot to build up towards.  Also there was this person who would vandalize vehicles, but he was caught by video surveillance, and sent to prison because he was found guilty.  Either way, you shouldn't do anything that is against the law.

Hope this helps.

Best,

:D

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Y'know what usually happens in this situation.

There will be a guy, we'll call him "Mr. Smith". He will notice a lot of people speeding in his neighborhood. And because he doesn't know how to mind his own business, he will get really REALLY angry at people speeding through his neighborhood. So he will call the cops a lot or even show up at city council meetings (and similar gatherings) to complain about speeders in his neighborhood.

Eventually, somebody decides they are going to do something just to shut him up. So the mayor or a councilman calls up the local police chief and asks the chief for a favor. Next thing you know, there is a marked patrol car parked in the neighborhood, running "radar" (or lidar) to check for speeders.

On the very first day that the cop is on traffic duty in the neighborhood, he writes 10 tickets to people for speeding in the neighborhood. On that very first day, ONE of those tickets will be issued to... MR. SMITH. Yes, the person who complains that he wants more traffic enforcement is usually among the very first person(s) to be cited when the police finally increase enforcement in the area. It happens that way every time.

I suggest you mind your own business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Burn the vehicle of that person

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

That's a crime, idiot.

• 1 month ago

IF the cops will not do anything...

HOW about you and your good friends going out in the middle of the night with your battery operated drill.. 

DRILL a few holes about 1/2 inch or a little bigger about 6 inches into the asphalt.. 

IT will turn into a nice pot hole in a few days or sooner if you get some good rain.. 

BIG POTHOLES take the city forever to repair and they are good for slowing down speeders.

Here we do that a few times a year... IT takes the city about 2 months to getting around to putting in a temporary patch.. 

Those are easy to drill and as soon as it rains they are nice pot holes again.

Cops will park around the corner and about 1/2 block away and cannot see our street and they refuse to park on our street even though there are at least 10 of us on one block who complain to them about the speeders... 

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There  was a good prank on Rude Tube in a similar situation. Two guys stop either side of the road pretending to be moving a large sheet of glass. All the cars stopped.

• 1 month ago

Jump out in front of them and explain your anxieties.

You heirs may live high off of any compensation they receive.

• 1 month ago

I believe there is no cure for "assholeism."

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Spread tacks on the ground.  They will cause leaks, but not catastrophic blow-outs.  But VENGEFUL acts?  Are you an angry person?  It sounds so, if you want "vengeance".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.