promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

why do I find old asian people are so Fking annoying?

I just talked to an asian man age above 70.   He didnt thank me when I walked for about 100 meter to show him the way out from the hospital.  He asked me if I had a job (I'm a 40 year old engineer with my own office).   Weird question and rude. 

Update:

My father was sick  and he is a guy who knows my father (he is younger than my father).

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Then your father must be way more annoying.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Different ages, different cultural backgrounds, different ideas about polite small talk.

I could imagine that he really meant, "What kind of work do you do?"  This was not rude enough to be offended about, really.

• Chanel
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

There is always going to be a person who says or does the wrong thing.

Do not think about it cos you absolutely did the right thing.

He could have just thought that you were just doing your job but hey ho he is an elder and when people have things wrong with them and are in poor health they may say the wrong thing to you but to them they do not think they are being rude in asking that.

• 2 months ago

Only you know the answer to this question. Why are you asking strangers to read your own mind?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I get annoyed at similar things sometimes but I brush it off. It’s important to remember that he’s a lot older than you, so he may have grown up with different etiquette than you expect. Do you know if he’s originally from the same country as you? If he’s from another country, this also shows that his social etiquette is different from yours. Overall, pay attention to people’s intentions rather than your expectations. He might not intend to be rude, you’re just expecting more politeness. 

And asking if you have a job was probably just him trying to make conversation.. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

he mightve had a lot on his mind cause he was in the hospital

• 2 months ago

You have a severe social maladjustment.

• 2 months ago

Because you aren't one and think yourself to be better than others. If we didn't have people like you in the world we would have a lot more trouble identifying pleasant people.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because youre an intolerant piece of sh*t

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't suppose it occurred to you that he may have been ill and disorientated? He was in the hospital and of advanced age. Your lack of empathy is obvious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.