promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

I didn't get hired for a sales associate yet i was offered a stock associate?

So I tried to apply for the position of Sales associate at American Eagle, went through the whole process of interviewing and everything, yet they called to tell me, "we couldn't find room for you as a sales associate, but we want to offer you the position of a stock associate instead." 

Is that supposed to be like an insult? Do people not see me around a cash register helping other customers? All I know is that stock associates are completely different, they're treated like warehouse garbage workers and almost never associate with the main floor. I'm going to college majoring in Business, i don't want to be seen a warehouse worker! That's not what business is! I'm pretty sure of that! Should I even reconsider my major?PS. I did not accept the position.

Update:

P.S To answer some of your guys questions, I'd like to have a career in marketing or analyzing. Putting away boxes has nothing to do with that, I'm pretty sure. If i wanted to do that I would've signed up to be a janitor. 

Update 2:

P.S.S You people are funny. LOL all i asked is if being offered a stock associate position specifically is demeaning. "Entitlement" and "attitude" I can't stop laughing now, lmao

Update 3:

P.S.S.S +A hunch I certainly don't see how a "warehouse associate" is going to lead to a career in marketing. I definitely don't see the logic there. Like you know any better. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of stores do that I applied for a job at Walmart working in the garden section they couldn't find any place in the garden section for me but they found a job in the cooler moving stock. And I too decline the job.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Let me make sure I got this right.

You want to be a sales associate who starts at $11 and it they are lucky will be earning $12 in 2-years.

Instead of a warehouse associate who starts at $14 and is making $16 or more in 2 years. 

And you want to do this because a "sales associate" is going to lead to a career in marketing?  Not unless you call a merchandiser "marketing". 

Don't see the logic

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

In response to the comments - I didn't say a sales associate or a warehouse associate at AE will lead to a Marketing position.  But since neither of them is going to lead to a marketing position, wouldn't you rather get paid $3 more an hour?  

• 4 months ago

at least they offered you a job

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

God, talk about an entitlement attitude.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

With your attitude, you don't deserve any job. Do without money and keep looking and applying if you want a job.

Do you even know what you want to do for a career? Going to college and majoring in something is supposed to have a goal of a particular job field.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.