Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Do you think feminism’s demand for equality in work, correct as it is, backfired in the implication that women be expected to half on dates?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Any woman worth having will insist on paying half on every date. This is one of the surest ways guys can weed out the takers. Women have known this for more than a decade. So any guy who demands to pay all the time is just his own worst enemy (and likely to end up with a gold digger).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I don't understand how something as UTTERLY COMMONPLACE as splitting the tab or taking turns paying is somehow this controversial thing you internet niceguys are trying to make it out to be. Jesus some of you don't date and it shows.

• ...Show all comments
    • KHAAAAN!
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That's been the general rule of etiquette for, like, ever. And yes, it applies to explicit invites, which many a date begins as, but certainly not all. I would say "we're all going to Applebees if you want to come" is ambiguous, but "can I take you to dinner?" is pretty explicit.

• Feminists feel entitled to mens money, go figure 

• 1 month ago

I'm glad I am out of the dating scene.  It was brutal.  My wife works and she pays bills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think that if a woman is working and earning money then she shouldn't have any problem paying for her share of a date. I'm not a feminist and I don't agree with a lot of their modern rhetoric but I earn significantly more money than my boyfriend, even though he makes a pretty good living, and I also pay the more of the bills because it makes sense. That has nothing to do with feminism - it's just logical for us to do it that way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.